UETTDRRF06- Perform rescue from a live LV panel
This course provides the skills to perform rescue procedures from low voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace. It describes the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. The course will cover responsibilities for health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work. This course is aimed at personnel or learners wishing to gain employment involving live work or working with live switchboards.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
Licensing requirements for undertaking electrical work in the workplace may apply.
- Must hold HLTAID001 Provide CPR
- participants who are deemed competent upon completing all the course requirements (theory and practical assessments) will receive a Statement of Attainment in:
- UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- all participants must have a moderate level of English to be able to complete the course
- all participants must hold HLTAID001 Provide CPR
Participants will be provided with an assessment workbook which contains the theory assessments and details of the practical assessments.
- the theory assessment consists of multiple-choice quizzes
- the practical assessment consists of practical exercises, workplace-based scenarios
- Topics included in the assessments:
- Appropriate use of rescue kit
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Conduct risk assessment
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Follow isolation procedures
- Communicate with external emergency services
- Identify voltage and isolate source of electricity
- Report and document incident
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel
- Carry out rescue from live LV panel
- Complete the LV panel rescue procedure