HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
CPR training, wherever we’re needed
The HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course teaches the skills and knowledge to perform CPR under the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
CPR training provides the knowledge and skills for first aiders to deliver lifesaving CPR, which can support a casualty’s life until further assistance arrives.
In this course, you will develop the knowledge and confidence to perform CPR on both adults and infants and deliver additional lifesaving techniques, including using an AED (Automated external defibrillator).
Participants who are deemed competent upon completing all the course requirements (theory and practical assessments) will receive a Statement of Attainment in:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- This course is for all persons who may be required to provide CPR in various situations, including in the home, in the workplace and the wider community.
- There are no pre-requisites for this first aid course.
- The Safe Work Australia First Aid in the Workplace Model Code of Practice requires employers to ensure their nominated first aiders attend training regularly to remain current. The Code of Practice recommends that refresher CPR training be carried out annually (12 months).
- All participants must be able to kneel on the floor while performing 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR, as per the assessment requirements set in the Unit of Competency.
- All participants must have a moderate understanding of English to be able to complete the course.
- 4 hours face-to-face
- Two hours face-to-face plus eLearning.
Participants are required to complete both theory and practical assessments.
- Theory assessments (either eLearning or face-to-face) consist of multiple-choice and True/False questions.
- Experienced trainers assess practical assessments during the face-to-face session. These assessments apply hands-on practical techniques and skills, including CPR on adult and infant manikins and the use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) – Please be aware all participants will need to complete two (2) minutes of CPR on an adult manikin on the floor.
- Respond to an emergency.
- Perform CPR procedures and operate an AED.
- Communicate details of the incident.
- Review the incident.
Our HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) course is available in various locations around Australia.
Cost: From $80 per participant when conducted at suitable locations as determined by Aspen Medical Training Academy. For quoting at your desired location, send us an enquiry via the ‘Enquire now’ link below.
Contact the Aspen Medical Training Academy to discuss your training needs.