HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
Basic Emergency Life Support training, wherever we’re needed.
The HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support course provides the skills and knowledge to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies under Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and other peak clinical bodies.
You will gain the knowledge and confidence to perform CPR and deliver additional lifesaving techniques, including using an AED (Automated external defibrillator), the management of Asthma, Anaphylaxis, non-life-threatening Choking, Shock and Stroke.
Participants who are deemed competent upon completing all the course requirements (theory and practical assessments) will receive a Statement of Attainment in:
- HTLAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- This course is for all persons who may be required to provide CPR in various situations, including in the home, workplace and broader community.
- There are no pre-requisites for this first aid course.
- The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support is renewed every three (3) years. However, it is recommended the HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation component is renewed every 12 months.
- The Safe Work Australia First Aid in the Workplace Model Code of Practice requires employers to ensure their nominated first aiders attend training regularly to remain current. The Code of Practice recommends that refresher CPR training be carried out annually (12 months).
- All participants must be able to kneel on the floor while performing 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR, as per the assessment requirements set in the Unit of Competency.
- All participants must have a moderate understanding of English to be able to complete the course.
- 12 hours face-to-face
- eLearning plus 4 hours face-to-face
Participants are required to complete both theory and practical assessments.
- Theory assessments (either eLearning or face-to-face) consist of multiple-choice and True/False questions.
- Practical assessments will be conducted during the face-to-face session. These assessments apply hands-on practical techniques and skills, including CPR on adult and infant manikins and the use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) – Please be aware all participants will need to complete 2 minutes of CPR on an adult manikin on the floor.
- Respond to an emergency
- Perform CPR procedures and operate an AED
- Communicate details of the incident
- Review the incident
- Managed casualties, with the following:
- Non-life-threatening bleeding
This HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support (BLS) course is available in various locations around Australia.
We also offer training for your team on-site at your location.
Contact the Aspen Medical Training Academy to discuss your training needs.