HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to recognise potentially hazardous manual tasks, and then to prepare for and complete those tasks in a safe manner.
This course applies to all workers involved in manual handling tasks or workers who might be involved in manual handling tasks.
- there are no pre-requisites for this course
- participants who are deemed competent upon completing all the course requirements (theory and practical assessments) will receive a Statement of Attainment in:
- HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
- all participants must have a moderate level of English to be able to complete the course
Participants will be provided with an assessment workbook which contains the theory assessments and details of the practical assessments.
- the theory assessment consists of multiple-choice quizzes
- the practical assessment consists of practical exercises, workplace-based scenarios
- Topics included in the assessments:
- Follow organisational procedures
- Identify risk factors and hazardous manual tasks and report to supervisor
- Recognise manual tasks that my involved risks
- Select and use PPE appropriate for the task
- Use appropriate posture and handling techniques
- Select, adjust and use mechanical aids and handling devices
- Identify manual tasks involving risk
- Prepare for manual tasks
- Complete manual tasks
- Contribute to safe work practices