Advanced Life Support
We are an Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC)-approved course centre for Advanced Life Support (ALS) Level 1 training through Aspen Medical Pty Ltd. Offering ALS training courses at workplaces across Australia, our experienced ALS instructors will ensure you get the training you need to perform quickly and calmly under pressure in any scenario.
This ARC-approved course is ideal for practitioners with limited or infrequent exposure to crisis events needing advanced life support training. The course combines theory sessions with many hands-on practical work stations.
- systematic patient assessment using the ABCDE approach
- airway management skills using various techniques and adjuncts including oropharyngeal airway (OPA)/Laryngeal Mask Airway (LMA)
- causes and prevention of cardiac arrest
- Basic Life Support (BLS) including defibrillation skills (Manual and/or AED modes)
- cardiac arrest management using the ARC ALS Algorithm
- working as an effective team member in a cardiac arrest.
The course is valid for four (4) years from the date of completion. Many professional organisations recognise the ALS course for professional development recognition including: RACGP, ANZCA, RACP, ACEM, CICM and ACRRM.
For more information on our ALS level 1 course please click here.