Refund and Cancellation Policy
In this policy, “us” “we” or “our” means Aspen Medical Training Academy.
This policy aims to comply with Clause 5.3 of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015. Where the RTO collects fees from the individual participant, either directly or through a third party, the RTO provides or directs the participant to information before enrolment or the commencement of training and assessment, whichever comes first, specifying:
- All relevant fee information, including:
- Fees that must be paid to the RTO; and
- Payment terms and conditions, including deposits and refunds;
- The participants rights as a consumer, including but not limited to any statutory cooling-off period, if one applies;
- The participants right to obtain a refund for services not provided by the RTO if:
- The arrangement is terminated early; or
- The RTO fails to provide the agreed services
Aspen Medical Training Academy delivers accredited and non-accredited training commercially; therefore, we require a refund policy for all paying clients.
Aspen Medical Training Academy will offer a full refund for course fee for extenuating circumstances such as:
- We reschedule a course, and you (the participant) are unable to attend the revised date
- We cancel or are unable to complete a course.
- The participant notifies the Training Academy in writing via [email protected] of enrolment cancellation ten working days before their course commencement date
- A Participant has a medical certificate verifying their inability to attend a course
- A Participant can demonstrate the extenuating or significant personal circumstance that led to their withdrawal
The participant will be offered a full credit toward the course fee in another scheduled program or offered a full refund in the above cases.
Cancellation refund schedule (without extenuating circumstances):
<10 working days:
- Full refund
>10 working days
- 75% refund of course fees
- 25% administration fees retained
Participants who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
Enrolment into a course via eLearning or other pre-learning material is deemed to have commenced once the participant accessed the training resources.
If a participant cannot attend a course, another nominated person may take their place in the course, provided this is agreed upon by the parties involved.
If a participant cannot attend a course and transfers into another corresponding course (the same course), no extra fee will be incurred.
All refunds will be transferred within 14 business days from when the participant gives written notice to cancel their enrolment or other specified criteria requiring a refund to be made.
Refunds will be made by electronic funds transfer, using the authorised bank account or credit card nominated by the participant.
Regarding the Advanced Life Support Course (ALS) Course;
If the pre-course reading manual has not been returned or is returned in a damaged condition, $77.00 will be deducted from the refund.
The participant can only nominate another person to take their place when notification is given 16 business days before the course date. This correlates with ARC Guidelines; to provide the pre-course reading manual two weeks before the course commencement date.
Download our Refund and Cancellation Policy