HLTAID001- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
In this course you will gain the skills and knowledge required to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
- there are no pre-requisites for this first aid course
- the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends HLTAID001 Provide CPR be renewed every 12 months (some positions / employers / industry associations require that you renew your HLTAID001 Provide CPR every 12 months)
- this course is aimed at all workers and members of the public who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations including community, home, and workplace settings.
- participants who are deemed competent upon completing all the course requirements (theory and practical assessments) will receive a Statement of Attainment in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- all participants must be able to kneel on the floor while performing uninterrupted CPR for a minimum of 2 minutes per round as per the assessment requirements set in the Unit of Competency (HLTAID001), and must be able to demonstrate safe manual handling (bending the knees while lifting an object)
- all participants must have a moderate level of English to be able to complete the course
Participants will be provided with an assessment workbook which contains the theory assessments (unless completing this theory component online) and details of the practical assessments
- the theory assessments consist of multiple-choice quizzes
- the practical assessments consist of practical exercises, and workplace based scenarios which need to be completed in groups or pairs and will involve demonstrating your skills in placing a casualty in the recovery position and applying CPR skills on adult and child manikins on the floor.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures and operate an AED
- Communicate details of the incident